The PMI-CTT Chapter is governed by elected Directors. The term of office for each director role is two years. This year there are 4 positions coming open.
The annual nomination/election process is part of the chapter’s succession planning, and is mandated by our bylaws. Key leadership roles get filled, fairly and responsibly, to allow for healthy turnover, the garnishment of new ideas and for the continuance of the Chapter’s momentum.
Directors are asked to make the following commitments (2-year term):
- A 2-year term (September 1, 2019 – August 31, 2021)
- May be responsible for one Board portfolio per appointment by the Board and may manage a team of volunteers
- Attend monthly Leadership Team meetings and Chapter Board of Directors meetings, typically on the second and fourth Mondays of each month respectively ( 2 per month)
- Assist the board with the governance of the chapter and take on any special projects as required
- Schedule and facilitate regular portfolio team meetings as required
- Attend PMI-CTT events whenever possible
This is a volunteer position with an approximate time commitment of 20-30 hours per month.
All Board members may have the opportunity to attend the PMI Leadership Meetings: in the spring the Region 3 Summit, or in the fall the North American Leadership Institute meeting. With travel, expect each of these meetings to take up three to five calendar days. Travel and accommodation expenses for these meetings are covered by the Chapter.
In addition to supporting and contributing to the Chapter, the opportunity as a Board of Director of the PMI-CTT Chapter allow the successful candidates to earn PDU’s, expand their professional network and try something different that could benefit their career.
To be a candidate for election as a Director, you must be a PMI-CTT Chapter Member in good standing. Experience gained from participation as a volunteer in a not-for-profit environment is preferred, and involvement with the PMI-CTT Chapter activities for a minimum of one year is recommended.
If you wish to nominate yourself or someone else, please fill out the online Nomination Form.
Nominations will close at the Canada’s Technology Triangle Chapter Office at 5:00 p.m. Monday April 30, 2019.