PMI-CTT Mentoring Program – introducing changes to the 2015 programs
Our program objective is to foster confidential mentor learning partnerships within our member community.
The PMI-CTT 9 month mentoring program ramps up with an opening session in late September and will from October 2015 to June 30, 2016.
The mentoring program provides these two types of mentoring support:
- Traditional mentoring which matches experienced project managers with enthusiastic new project managers.
- New in 2015 – Peer mentoring for experienced project managers. This is a new program for experienced project managers to work together on their learning and development with a known colleague.
This program is available to PMI-CTT members and for an additional fee is also open to non PMI-CTT members.
For the traditional mentoring participants, we will match an experienced project manager (mentor) with less experienced project manager (mentee). During the matching process, we will consider your industry, location, and special requests.
For the new peer mentoring participants, participants should register in pairs. This new program is recommended for experienced professionals to work with another known project management professional (e.g. work colleague). Our chapter mentoring program will support these individuals by sharing mentoring best practices and learning plan development exercises.
Program participants can earn up to 24 PDU's.
- Mentoring pairs will meet regularly over the 9 month period and accumulate 16 meetings hours = 16 PDU’s with an option to complete an additional 4 meeting hours for 4 PDU’s.
- Program structure includes two mentoring program sessions covering the following topics: introductions, mentoring best practices and some suggested meeting topics. Attendance is strongly recommended for opening session and recommended for the closing sessions (4 workshop hours for a maximum of 4 PDU’s).
For more information on the mentoring program,
- For PMI-CTT members, you may login to view additional details about the program under the Professional Development, Education then Mentoring.
- Or contact: VP of Mentoring.