The 2013 PMI-CTT Scholarship Award is an annual award sponsored by the Canada’s Technology Triangle chapter of the Project Management Institute and provided to a team of Conestoga College Business students who best demonstrate excellence in their project management processes.
The projects will be reviewed and ranked according to the following criteria:
- Adherence to project management tools and techniques
- Breadth and complexity of the project’s objectives
- Results achieved by the project.
This year, we had three team qualify as finalists:
- The Jammin’ For Hunger Project – a fundraiser in support of the Foodbank (Brady Hamilton, Rob Nardelli, Jami Pyne, Elizabeth Spanjer, and David Tourout)
- Reach for the Stars Bake Sale – a fundraiser in support of Make a Wish Foundation Canada (Samantha, Scott, Nicole, Ben, Allen, Kristy)
- Charity Hockey Classic – a fundraiser in support of Stop Concussions, an organization dedicated to raising awareness about head injuries in sports. (Alison, Wade, Kirstie)
Presenting the awards was Andrew Pearen PMI-CTT Vice-President, Professional Development.
While all teams did extremely well, the award was presented to the The Jammin’ For Hunger Project.